MiLo StOrIeS
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Woot. Had a nice night yesterday. No not dat. I had foosball last nite =) As you may or may not know, I begun to play foosball during the craze of world cup. I got addicted to it almost immediately. However, since I came back to Australia, the table in the boarding house suks and the players are er...nvm. So i decided to take the initiative and went full out in searching of foosers. Found this guy called darrel. Contacted with him and he said to meet up last night at 8. After we met up, we went to a private residence instead of a public area. This guy Adam and his gf's Jasmine's house. So rich, even got their own foosball table. Well you might be wondering who these people are. Let me tell you. They are all malaysians. Darrel is 28 this yr but I thought he was 21. He keeps calling me young for sum reason and is a funny cheerful guy. He is currently ranked 30th in Aus. Got 4th in recent SOFC tounament in several events. Adam is more quiet and solemn. Darrel says he is about my age (I paiseh). He is ranked 12th in Aus. He and Jasmine entered mixed doubles and got 4th place. He himself got 4th in an open doubles too. As you can see, these are not tom-dick-and-harry's but real true pro's. And you can imagine how small i felt. Never even seen much pro games, let alone know them and play them. Darrel taught me some basic stuff but i will cut that out coz u probably duno wat i m talking about. Then we played three doubles games. Lost all 3 >.< My performance was worse than usual. Hit ball like taufu. Probably not used to the table. Darrel said I was nervous coz the handles were like sweaty. Actually I was just too occupied trying to use everything he taught me like 1 hour ago. Foosball requires intense concentration. Can only break a sweat after the games. Around 10.15 i left their place and went back to BH.
Although I got owned totally, (only scored 1 goal and that was against Jasmine =) I had an insight to the game from a pro's view. Dun think I can meet them be4 i go back to msia again but will definitely see them soon. So i think i might play foosball during all the spare time i can find back home. (yee ming this is a warning XD) Dun worry Darrel next time when I see you again, I wun let ur teachings down =3 Can't wait for end of year holidays then can play non-stop. wooT go foosball. Go DawN~~
MiLo SkeTcHeS
7:01 PM